This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- to conduct business / to work (Category "B")
- to study, to come on a work study tour, to participate in projects or seminars , to do an internship (Category "ED")
- other activities (Category "O") as follows:
- to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to do volunteer work
- to stay after retirement for the elderly (at the age of 50 or over 50 years old)
a) The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.
- Visa application form completely filled out (click here to download application form)
- Passport with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 15 months is required for one year visa application.
- A copy of passport
- Two photographs of the applicant, taken within the past six months
- A copy of flight ticket paid in full (or proof thereof)
- A copy of birth certificate (for children only)
- If you have travelled from or through a country which have been declared a Yellow Fever Infected Area, you must provide an International Health Certificate proving that you have received a Yellow Fever Vaccination. (Click here) to see the list of countries.
- A copy of certificate of marriage or its equivalents ("O")
- The last two months of evidence of adequate finance (600 Euros per month or 20,000 Euros in the saving account) ("O") Please see * below fior more details.
- A letter of acceptance / Transcript from the concerned schools/universities or institutes ïn Thailand and a copy of Thai ID card or valid passport and working permit (for foreigner) of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("ED")
- A letter from the concerned schools/universities or institutes in the Netherlands stating the objective of the visit to Thailand and a copy of valid passport or European ID card of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("ED")
- A letter from a company in the Netherlands stating the objective of the visit to Thailand and a copy of valid passport or European ID card of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("B")
- Document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand. ("B")
- A letter of invitation from companies qualified to employ foreigners and a copy of Thai ID card or valid passport and working permit (for foreigner) of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("B") ("ED"-internship, invitation letter for internship)
- A copy of work permit issued by the Ministry of Labour (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom ) ("B")
- Employment contract indicating rationale for employing the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company) ("B")
- Copy of corporate documents from the company in Thailand; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.("B") ("ED"-internship)
- Copy of corporate documents from the company in the Netherlands; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation ("B")
- Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.
- Copies of corporate documents must be updated (not older than 6 months).
- The applicant must sign on each page of the copy.
- In the absence of a required document, a letter explaining the unavailability of such document must be provided.
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
Fee : 60 Euros (single entry)
* Financial Statement
This statement must show that you have sufficient means to have no financial problems during your stay in Thailand.
- bank statement with name, current balance and income of the last two months
- year overview
- only plus and minus amounts
- bank statement without name
- bank statement without current balance
- bank statement with black stipes
VALIDITY OF A VISA
Single-entry visa is valid for three months.
PERIOD OF STAY
The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
N.B. Applicants wishing to stay in the Kingdom longer than 90 days have to file their application either at the Thai consular mission aboard or at the Office of Immigration Bureau in Bangkok located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road,Bangkok 10120 , Tel 02 287-3101-10 or website at http://www.immgration.go.th. The consular officer must refer the case to the Office of Immigration Bureau for approval. Upon receiving approval, the consular officer may issue the visa as instructed by the Bureau
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
STANDARD PROCESS FOR FOREIGNERS WHO WISH TO WORK IN THAILAND (click here)